Quilt Block Layout

Okay, this is just silly! I have been switching these squares around for an hour or more! I am giving up 🙂 It’s just that the fabrics are so funky that no matter how I move the squares around, it’s always going to make some goofy match-ups. It is going to be a wild quilt! Tell me if you see any areas of “too strong” a concentration of fabrics, or too many of the same thing clumped together. I am open to all suggestions!

7 Responses to “Quilt Block Layout”

Read below or add a comment...

1. tessahjake says:

I like the pic on the right. Looks like the black/darks aren’t so bunched up. Fun quilt!

2. Pat Hanson says:

I love the diamond pattern and the colors..What a great fun quilt your making.

3. Jackie says:

I like the one on the right…I think it’s because the yellow/gold is a big more distributed throughout the quilt.

Lovely pattern! How did the frozen burritos come out?

4. MMM says:

Oh, that yellow was really getting hard to deal with. I also love the diamond shape – I think I'll be making more of this pattern! Thanks Joanna, Pat & Jackie. I'll see if I can get it sashed and bound this week!

5. Nanci says:

what happens if you put them on an angle and work around that?
    I love the colours and would probably do the one on the right.
    it looks like you’ve had fun putting it together,
    fist time visit, I’ll be back!

6. Anonymous says:

The fact that you are so careful with your layout shows that you are a real artist. I didn’t look long enough to see which one I prefer, but I know that I will bookmark your blog to see more – along with your quilting videos. Thanks for the info.

7. chammer1 says:

I have to say the one on the right has more depth and gives much better definition. I love the shadows in it. It is more peaceful to look at and seems to be “right”.

Very nice.